Microzide (Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg)
€39.10 – €62.10
Generic Microzide is a term used to identify all drugs that are identical to the brand-name medication based on the active ingredient called Hydrochlorothiazide that is efficient in reducing arterial pressure and in alleviation of the symptoms of some other conditions such as diabetes insipidus, nephrocalcinosis, osteoporosis, swelling, and others. The medication can be administered to children older than 3 years of age and pregnant women but not during the first trimester of pregnancy. Get more information about the drug from the article below.
Brand name: Microzide
Generic name: Hydrochlorothiazide
ndications: Arterial hypertension (High blood pressure), Angioedema, Swelling caused by congestive heart failure, Swelling due to cirrhosis, Swelling due to chronic kidney failure, Swelling due to premenstrual syndrome, Drug-induced water retention, Symptomatic treatment of nephrogenic diabetes, Glaucoma, Prophylaxis of kidney stones
Analogs: Aquazide, Hdz, Hydrazide, Aldactazide, Aquarills, Bremil, Capozide, Chlorzide, Dichlorotride, Direma, Diuril, Esidrex, Fluvin, Hidril, Hydrochlorthiazide, Hydropres, Megadiuril, Nefrix, Neoflumen, Thiaretic, Unipres, Ziac
Generic Microzide (Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg) guide:
What is Generic Microzide?
The medication known as Microzide in the U.S. is made by a variety of pharmaceutical companies who have to come up with different names for the same medication. These drugs are collectively referred to as Generic Microzide based on the brand name or Generic Hydrochlorothiazide coming from the name of the active substance used in the medications. They all are identical unless in the instruction is indicated that it is a combination drug that contains Hydrochlorothiazide and other anti-hypertensive agent. The medication is a thiazide diuretic used primarily to lower arterial pressure and in some other heart or kidney-related conditions.
When can you use Generic Microzide?
Since you are visiting this page, we assume that your doctor prescribed you the brand drug and you want to buy Generic Microzide instead. It is a wise decision since generic is absolutely the same but costs much cheaper. If you don’t have a prescription from your doctor but have a condition listed below, you can consider purchasing the pills but after you consult a specialist who is familiar with your medical history and can give a qualified advice on the medication use namely in your case.
When the medication is used:
– Treatment of hypertension as an alone-standing drug or in combination with ACE inhibitors or angiotensin II receptor antagonists.
– Edema or swelling associated with heart or kidney conditions and water retention in the body.
– Congestive heart failure.
– Renal tubular acidosis.
– Increased risk of kidney stones formation in people with elevated level of calcium found in urine.
– Diabetes insipidus.
Your therapist or other specialist can also prescribe you the medication for the therapy of osteoporosis, hypoparathyroidism, hypercalcinuria, Dent disease or other conditions if he thinks that the drug would be suitable.
How to use the drug when you order Generic Microzide online?
You don’t have to worry that the dosages for the brand drug and generics are different because they are not. According to the rules established by the World Health Organization, generics can be called only those drugs which are identical to the original in the route of administration, effect, dosage per pill, and composition. In this medication guide you can find the general recommendations on the therapy with Generic Hydrochlorothiazide but please consult a qualified specialist before you buy Microzide or its generic and start using it.
– For the treatment of hypertension in adults, the starting dosage is 25 mg taken one time a day. If the effect will be insufficient, you can increase the dosage to 50 mg a day taken in one or two intakes. Further increase of the dosage is unreasonable because if the drug doesn’t provide sufficient anti-hypertensive effect, other medications are added to the therapy.
– For the treatment of edema (swelling) in adults associated with water retention in the body, the starting therapeutic dosage is 25 mg a day. The dosage can be increased to 100 mg a day taken in single or divided intakes.
– The treatment of osteoporosis in adults is started with 25 mg daily. The dosage can be increased to 50 mg taken in single or divided intakes.
– For the therapy of diabetes insipidus in adults, the starting dosage is 50 mg once a day. Further the dosage can be raised to 100 mg a day.
– For the treatment of renal tubular acidosis in adults, the starting dosage is 25 mg taken once a day. The dosage can be increased gradually to 100 mg a day taken into two divided intakes.
Though the medication can be used for the treatment of children, the dosages for children for each disease and condition are selected individually and are based on the body weight. It is highly advised to use the drug in children under a doctor’s supervision and only in the dosages chosen by a specialist.
Dosage adjustments of Microzide
Many medications either require the dosage adjustments in kidney or liver function impairment or are contraindicated for people with such conditions. In case with Hydrochlorothiazide, the medication use is unreasonable below the standard dosages. So it is either used in regular dosages in people with creatinine clearance more than 30 ml per minute or not used at all if the clearance rate is slower.
The medication should be cautiously used by people with moderate to severe liver impairment because even mildest changes in the fluid-electrolytes balance can provoke hepatic coma.
How does Hydrochlorothiazide act?
The medication decreases the volume of circulating blood affecting kidneys and reducing sodium re-absorption. It also reduces systemic vascular resistance and elevates the rate of re-absorption of calcium.
What adverse reactions can Microzide pills use cause?
Before you order Microzide, you need to know what negative symptoms the medication use can cause. The effects that can occur include fatigue, irritability, muscle cramps, confusion, convulsions, dry mouth, thirst, arrhythmia, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, weakness, cholecystitis, pancreatitis, cholestatic jaundice, sialadenitis, constipation, exacerbation of gout, and others.
You should consult your doctor what side effects are the most dangerous and probable ones in your case and what should you do when they occur.
For whom the drug is contraindicated?
Does not order Hydrochlorothiazide if you have previously used the same medication and suffered a severe allergic reaction, have diabetes type 2, kidney failure with creatinine clearance less than 30 ml per minute, anuria (inability to urinate), severe liver failure, Addison’s disease, refractory hypokalemia, hypercalcemia, or hyponatremia.
The drug is also contraindicated for children below 3 years of age, for women who breastfeed and during the first trimester of pregnancy.
What drugs are incompatible with Microzide (Hydrochlorothiazide)?
– It is not advised to combine the drug with Lithium.
– The drug enhances the effect of other medications used to lower blood pressure.
– In combination with cardiac glycosides, the risk of hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia, and the increased toxicity of cardiac glycosides can occur.
– The risk of arrhythmia increases in combined use of Microzide (Hydrochlorothiazide) with Amiodarone.
– The effect of oral hypoglycemic drugs is significantly lowered with all drugs based on Hydrochlorothiazide and the risk of hyperglycemia increases.
– Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs decrease the effect of the medication.
– The effect of non-depolarizing muscle relaxants is enhanced with Hydrochlorothiazide.
There are other interactions that can cause serious harm to your health about which you can find out from the instruction that comes with the medication. However, we endorse you to consult a specialist and inform him or her about all medications, supplements, herbs, and so on that you use or intend to use along with the medication before you buy Generic Microzide and start taking it.
What are the symptoms of overdose with Microzide (Hydrochlorothiazide) and what should you do?
The symptoms of overdose include constipation, paralysis, somnolence, blood pressure below norm, irregular heartbeat, shock, confusion, nausea, vomiting, thirst, anuria, and others.
Once you recognize that you overdosed, induce vomiting and take activated carbon while waiting for the ambulance to arrive. Further symptomatic treatment should be made at a hospital.
60 Pills, 90 pills, 120 pills